Wednesday, February 29, 2012

NYX Makeup Look/Review

Here is a look I managed to do with the makeup I received from NYX Cosmetics (which I got for free from TotalBeauty.com, best makeup website ever, IMO!!!). I loved the mascara, gave me curl and volume and some length. What I did not like was the color of the lipstick, which was too ummmm terrible, it bled and it was too pigmented for my liking. The eyeshadow was awesome, creamy and long lasting. Here are a few pictures, what do you think??






 






 NYX Cosmetics products I used:


NYX Cosmetics NYX Xtreme Lip Cream - The color bleeds and doesn't dry quick. It doesn't say on your lips when you drink water, it leaves marks on the cup. The only thing I liked about this product was that it doesn't feel sticky at all. So after a few minutes I took it off, and it smeared all over my face. So this is not my favorite.

NYX Cosmetics NYX Bronzer & Blusher Combo - I love this product. It makes my skin look so natural. My skin color is like a mixture of yellow and brown, and sometimes it's hard to find a blush that looks natural. So I never usually used blush. But this one is so awesome. I love it because it looks natural, and lasts forever.

NYX Cosmetics NYX 5 - Color Eye Shadow Palette - I have the 5 color shadow palette of the Caribbean Collection I Dream of Barbados. Nothing too showy, and it doesn't attract too much attention. I love this palette, and the mirror is just a plus. My favorite shade that this palette has is the pink one, the one in the middle. My skin is kind of yellow/brownish, and it makes me eyes pop up!

NYX Cosmetics NYX Boudoir Mascara Collection - I was excited to try this one because the bottle looks amazing, and because I just love trying mascaras anyway. I have short, fragile and thin lashes, so it's hard to find a product that does it for me (and trust me, I have tried a bunch). This mascara gave me a little volume, and a little length and curl at the first application.

NYX Cosmetics NYX Liquid Black Liner - I had never used liquid eyeliner before (always pencil eyeliner), because I found it hard to use and also because I have kind of oily eyelids so it would always smudge or look terrible after a few hours.

Other products I used:

Nivea Moisturizer for my face. A personal favorite!
Victoria's Secret Soft Focus Foundation - I love this one because it matches my skin tone perfectly and it goes on my skin smoothly.