Monday, June 25, 2012

Sooooo Tesla likes to Fetch...




I discovered something unusual:
Tesla likes to play fetch. Like a dog. Really.

I used to have a Cocker Spaniel named Jerry (that I also got from the Humane Society) and I could never teach him how to fetch.
Just a few days ago, one of my friends gave me a toy bird for Tesla. The bird has feathers and it makes annoying bird noises. Since the bird is actually kind of annoying and loud, and Tesla was playing with it while I was watching something interesting on Netflix, I threw it across the room and she brought it back. I threw it again, and she brought it back. I kept doing this until I discovered that she was actually playing fetch. I never taught her this. I have never, ever thought of a cat bring anything back to me, much less play fetch.
This is one fun kitty with a serious identity crisis. Other than meow and climb curtains, she really doesn't do stuff that cats are supposed to do. And she's only 16 weeks old. I wonder what she'll do when she gets older... catch a frisbee? Anyway here is a video of my cat playing catch.