Tuesday, August 14, 2012

NOTD - Nutra Nail Gel Perfect Review



I recently received the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect kit from Total Beauty as a community perk. I was excited to have gotten this product because I have never tried or heard about something like this before.

What is Nutra Nail Gel Perfect?
- It is a UV-Free gel-color for nails.
- Super shiny
- Sets rock solid in 5 minutes

Here is a picture of the package:


So, what's inside?
1 Set of instructions (Warnings, troubleshooting and $3 off Nutra Nail products included)
1 Gel color bottle (in Moonstone)
1 Activator
1 Cleaner

The Cleaner is clear before opening, it is blue because I took this picture after using it


How do I apply it?
A lot of people didn't like that the activator was like super-glue. But this was what made the color set in so well.
I read the instructions. They were five easy steps to follow. However, it says to cover five nails at once with the applicator and then go through every nail with the color, making sure the Activator didn't dry. Since this was supposed to be done quick, and when I do my nails I want to be careful, not rushed. Because of this, I decided to do one nail at time. I thought that would work better for me. It did. One or two nails at time works better because that way you don't have to worry about the Activator drying before applying the color. One thing to point out, try to avoid the Activator making contact with the skin, since it is like super glue and it will be hard to take off (it happened to me). Two coats work good, making sure you apply the Activator between coats. After working on one hand, make sure you clean the brush of the nail color by wiping off excess color with a paper towel and then putting the brush in the cleaner. And using the brush from the cleaner to apply color to the other hand.
If you would like to learn more about the company or the product itself go to their page HERE.

Does it work?
Yes. The color is so nice, shiny and overall beautiful. It is very hard and did not come off when doing stuff like dishes or cleaning. It doesn't chip or break easily. Two coats were enough for me. No need for bottom/top coat.




Where can I buy it? How much does it cost?
You can buy it from Soap.com HERE for about $17.25 including shipping costs. If you don't want to pay extra for shipping, then you can get it at your local Walmart for $10. For a printable coupon of $3 dollars in savings go HERE.

The Verdict?
I was surprised a lot of people didn't like it. I liked it quite a lot. It is different, not like nail polish and the box says it is NOT nail polish. I would buy again in a different color.



Disclaimer: I received this product from TotalBeauty.com as a token for participating in the newly launched community. I was not told to review it. All opinions are completely honest and my own.