Thursday, September 20, 2012

NOTD: Nicki Minaj Minis



I was feeling creative the other day, and I decided to have some fun with some nail polishes I have that I've never used: the Nicki Minaj Mini Nail Polishes by O.P.I.






Here is the NOTD I created, using Fly, Did It On 'Em and Metallic 4 Life (as the top coat) from the collection:





How did I create the half design? I don't have any fancy tools or anything, so I used regular tape. I covered half the nail with tape and then applied the nail polish. Then, I took off the tape, waited for the polish to dry completely and then repeated the process with the other half of the nail. If the nail polish is not dry enough, the tape will peel it off. It was a very time consuming procedure waiting for the nail to dry, applying the tape correctly right at the edge and making sure it was dry enough to continue, but I really liked the results. As a top coat I put on the Metallic 4 Life, which is a glittery clear nail polish.

So pretty!