Monday, September 10, 2012

Total Beauty Collection for HSN Review


A few days ago, I received an awesome box from TotalBeauty.  This is the Total Beauty Collection for HSN box, set to be released in September 27th. I have been trying them out for a couple of weeks now and I am so in love with the box.

My first impression is the beautiful, elegant packaging in which the products come:



The texture of the box is soft to the touch and you can tell it is really high quality.

Here are the seven products inside:




CAROL'S DAUGHTER MONOI REPAIRING SULFATE-FREE SHAMPOO - (sample size, $18 full size) This shampoo smells wonderfully. Perfect for chemically treated or damaged hair because of the strand-strengthening Monoi Oil, which comes from Tahiti and it is known for its restorative properties. It is free of sulfates or any harsh chemicals. I really liked the smell of the shampoo, and it really does leave it feeling super clean.


CAROL'S DAUGHTER MONOI REPAIRING CONDITIONER - (sample size, $20 full size) The conditioner smells just as wonderfully as the shampoo, and it has a rich, thick texture. This conditioner claims to repair hair and leave it detangled and manageable. Well, though it does smell wonderful as previously said, it was in my experience not very helpful in detangling my hair.  After rinsing it off my hair was very tangled and with a hay-like texture even when it was wet, so I had to apply a different conditioner to my ends. It is worth mentioning that when the hair was dry, the scent lasted for a long time, and it felt light and soft, so  this conditioner works well after all.

BOSCIA LUMINIZING BLACK MASK - (Sample size, $34 full size) This was an interesting product to try because I had never tried something like this before. It is a dark, sticky liquid mask that contains minerals to dry out oil and dirt and brighten up the skin. It was a pleasant and interesting experience. It is hard to apply, but with a little practice I think the results would be much better. It takes about 20 minutes to dry, and after that it comes off pretty easily. The skin feels cleaner and softer and definitely brighter, even after just one use. One tip: make sure it doesn't fall on any clothes, it is so hard to take off fabric.

AMIKA OIL TREATMENT -  (Sample size, $34 full size) I was very impressed with this oil. I use tons of different oils because of my hair texture and this one was one of my top favorites. This one has all the benefits I look for in an oil: delicious fruity smell, does not weigh hair down, control frizz, free of parabens and harsh chemicals. Also, you can apply to damp hair prior to blow drying and it extend the life of the blowout. Highly recommended.

PRAI AGELESS THROAT AND DECOLLETAGE CREAM - (Sample size, $29.95 full size) I don't have any wrinkles yet (yay!), but this cream works just fine as a moisturizer. When applied on the neck area, it absorbs quickly and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. It has a light scent to it, which is quite pleasant but not overwhelming.

SIGNATURE CLUB A PRECIOUS MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL OASIS DAY CREAM BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 25 - (Sample size, $28.50 full size) I love Moroccan oil, because it is highly effective in fixing hair and skin. This cream is super moisturizing but never oily, and works perfect before applying makeup. It has SPF 25, which is perfect for wearing along on the face before going out in the sun. Absorbs quickly and leaves the face feeling super soft to the touch.
LORAC LIPS WITH BENEFITS LIP GLOSS IN CHUCK - (sample size, $18 full size)  This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for repairing lips that are dry or broken. I live in a very dry area, so my lips tend to be chapped and sometimes even a little bloody (I know, gross). So I put this on, and voila! Within a couple of days my lips were smooth, soft and not chapped at all. The color is nude, with a little bit of gloss to it, but not overwhelming and looks very classy. Free of parabens and harsh chemicals as well. A new favorite!

LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA MASCARA -  (sample size, $26 full size) This mascara is really black, and doesn't flake. It also doesn't clump. So thumbs up for that. You have to apply several coats to get a dramatic look, but other than that, it is perfect for a day look if you don't wanna be too dramatic.

INTELLIWHITE PRO WHITE PROFESSIONAL TOOTHPASTE WITH FLUORIDE AND XYLITOL - (travel size, $16.95 full size) I love the fact that is has a very subtle minty taste, not overwhelming like other toothpastes out there.  It really does whiten your teeth, much faster than other toothpastes. Within a couple of weeks I saw some stains diminish (I am a heavy coffee drinker). This works for whitening, but it will not work for taking out the strong smells/tastes of some foods, so keep mouthwash handy.

The box will be only $19.99 with Free Shipping available on Sept. 27th! In my opinion, the value of the products far exceeds the value of the box and it is better than many sampling programs out there, because you actually get cool, high end stuff to try out, all very good sizes.  Check out TotalBeauty.com/collection and sign up for their alerts!

Also check out the beauty section of HSN for more beauty products and tips:   http://www.hsn.com/shop/beauty/bs

Also, here is a picture of my cat using the shipping box as a bed. See? Even the cat loves the TotalBeauty Collection!
Ahhhh! So comfy!






Disclaimer: I received this box for review purposes. All opinions are honest and my own.