Friday, March 1, 2013

Naat Brazilian Keratin Products Review







I was really excited to have been given the opportunity to review products for the naat Brazilian Keratin line. Here is what I received




-naat Brazilian Keratin Deep Moisturizing Shampoo, 300mL or 10.1 fl oz
-naat Brazilian Keratin Deep Conditioner, 300 mL or 10.1 fl oz
-naat Brazilian Keratin Liquid Keratin Leave-in Reconstructor, 300mL or 10.1 oz
-naat Brazilian Keratin Intensive Hair Mask, 500g or 17.6 oz
-naat Brazilian Keratin Serum Ultra Shine, 60mL or 2 fl oz

My Review:

Okay, so let's begin with the current condition of my hair. It is thick, curly, split ends, brittle, and unmanageable. Let's just say it has seen better days... like when I was born. 
I have done so many things to my hair lately and it has been a little better, but it is still damaged, brittle and dry because of 1)super cold and dry weather 2)styling. 
So anything that helps my hair to be soft and manageable I'm going to put it on it. That's where nuNAAT products come in. 


  • All products smell wonderfully. Kinda like baby powder, but not quite that. It's a pleasant smell, very subtle.
  • Shampoo - smells wonderfully, and cleans hair really well.
  • Conditioner - A thick formula to leave in for two minutes and then rinse. I noticed the softness in the hair right away.
  • The line of products comes with ambiguous instructions so I actually tried the products in different ways and orders to try and figure out what worked better for my hair.
  • The Intensive Hair Mask I used on dry hair BEFORE washing it with the naat shampoo and conditioner. I left it on for about 15 minutes and then washed as usual. I also used it right after washing my hair with the shampoo and conditioner on damp hair, left it on for about 15 minutes and then rinsed it off. It worked better then I put it on damp hair and didn't use shampoo or conditioner, just water to rinse it off. My hair was left wonderfully soft and touchable. It was like it wasn't my hair at all!
  • For the Liquid Keratin Leave-In Reconstructor, I applied while hair was damp, not wet, right after the shower and then used the hair dryer to straighten my hair. Then went over it with the flat iron with a temperature of 180C or for those not familiar with Celsius, 356 degrees Fahrenheit (I'm a math person, love doing conversions!).  I made sure to not spend a lot of time with the flat iron.  After this process was all done and completed, my hair was super shiny, manageable, super soft and super straight!
  • I finished my hair with the Serum Ultra Shine, which gave me incredible shine.
This is the before and after picture:

        Left: dull, ugly                                     Right: shiny and soft


The Good:

The whole naat line of products worked good on my damaged hair making it relatively soft and manageable. I wash my hair every other day or every other two days if styled, and it stayed nice and soft on the days that I didn't wash it. It has been a couple of weeks since I've been using the products and I can't stop touching my hair.

The Bad:

The product themselves, none. But it has ambiguous instructions as to how to use the products with each other (which one do I use first?), or the condition of your hair at the time of using a certain product (wet, damp or dry?).  Playing around with the products worked for me, but I would've liked instructions to get optimum results. 


One day later


The Verdict:

I liked it. Like I said, having instructions would have helped, but the way my hair feels and looks makes up for the lack of instructions. I would recommend it for those people with damaged hair. Definitely would use again, because it worked for my hair.



Where to buy: Walgreens, Walmart, Sally Beauty Supplies, and Navarro Discount Pharmacy.

For more information, discounts, specials, and news visit their website, like their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.