Saturday, June 1, 2013

I Really Hate Ironing


As with cooking, I am terrible at ironing. I have burnt so many pieces of clothing trying to make them look presentable.

I used to work at a boutique, and it was there that I discovered the magical world of garment steamers. I've known about it for a while, why I didn't get one before, it's beyond me.

So I finally got one of those magical devices that make all wrinkles disappear before my eyes, all without getting burned, and all without ruining expensive silk blouses. This is the one I got:

Rival Hand-Held Garment Steamer


I do not know why I took the picture of the Spanish writing side

It is a really cool little gadget. I love it! It was only $25, which is super-affordable. It came with different covers and a stand, but the actual steamer has a flat surface like an iron, perfect for those folded parts of clothes, like the collar. Using distilled water of course, it takes less than one minute to get it going.  Once full of water and ready to use,  it does not weigh much, easily handled by hand. It has a nod for different levels of heat, but I usually just leave it on the highest. So it's pretty much plug in and go! Here are some before and after pictures:
 
Cotton T-shirt

And then more heavy duty for a thick cotton dress:
 




I am so happy I decided to get this little appliance. Not only is it a lot shorter than ironing, it is also safer for the clothing, and it refreshes the fabrics. I love this little thing and I am never going back to traditional ironing.  Ever!



Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this post, I bought this with my own money, and all opinions are my own!