Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Newest Addiction: Instagram Trades!



I've been an Instagram user for over a year now. I love it! I love it to post cute pictures of my ridiculously cute, manipulative cat, photos of random cute outfits I wear, tons of selfies. I also follow my favorite celebrities like Channing Tatum the Almighty Oatmeal (Mr. Matthew Inman) and now, with their new video feature I watch all the funny cat videos I can find to my heart's content.

That's tons of stuff I love about Instagram, but recently I'm even more into it because of a new hashtag:

#SHOPMYCLOSET

It's been around it for a while and it's like Poshmark but more fun (I think, minus the fee you have to pay for every purchase). With that hashtag, I've found super cute clothes, super cheap. But more than buying I love trading. Tons of Instagrammers are on there, not looking to make money (I'm sure that's still nice when they do) but mostly looking to get rid of their clothes they no longer wear (or never even wore in some cases), and hopefully trade it for another item that some other girl no longer wears as well. It's perfect.

So far these are the amazing finds I've gotten my hands into via Instagram shops:




Candie's top, traded for a pair of white pants


Millibon colorblock bodicon dress, brand new with tags was $25, bough for $20 shipped. I love it!
It is super flattering!



The downside to this is that you really have to put your trust in the girls who are selling or trading, and just hope that they're going to be reliable and honest and they won't just take your money or stuff. So far everyone I've been interacting with has been super awesome and I haven't had a bad experience. It is really fun and I find myself putting up items for trade almost every day! It is a lot of fun.

Do you have a lot of stuff in your closet you no longer wear? Maybe you should try it! 


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and I was not paid for this post.